Sunday, September 19, 2010

Penny: Why Did You Wait A Year?

Penny is a supposed mother of three who appears in a pro Harry Reid ad by the Patriot Majority PAC. She says she waited a year for City Center to open so she can work there. The ad has been flooding the Vegas TV market in the last couple of weeks.
My question is this: First, is Penny real. And if she is, why did she wait a year to start work at City Center?
Fact is that very few employees were hired by City Center from outside of MGM, which owns City Center.
And why did 'Penny" wait to get hired there? Did she apply for any other jobs while waiting to go to work at City Center?
I doubt there is a "Penny" and even if she does exist, I suspect there is a lot more to this story. People just did not get hired off the street to work at City Center. Most transferred in from other MGM properties.
So, I call BS on the Patriot Majority PAC on this commercial.

1 comment:

  1. Dan, I'm not so sure I'd go as far as you, but it might be worth looking into to verify your allegations. I know people who were not working who were hired by CityCenter. I have also been told, though, that people who were employed (whether with MGM or elsewhere) at the time they applied at CityCenter had an advantage over those who were not.

    ReplyDelete