Friday, August 28, 2015

There Are Still Good Samaritans Out There

This afternoon, I was traveling home from Lake Havasu to Kingman, when just outside of Yucca, which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.  Actually, the middle of nowhere has more people than where I was stuck.
At about 4:30, I got a rear flat tire and I safely got off the I-40 tot he shoulder of the road.
I was out of cell phone range from where I was but I climbed a hill and got a hold of AAA and they were able to get a tow truck but it would take some time.
As I was waiting in the car, with thunder, lightening and rain/hail in the area- the weather radar showed a bright red where I was, I closed my eyes when I heard a knock on the car window.
Thinking it was a cop, I looked up but it was a perfect stranger and he offered to change my tire.  I told him I had no money but he didn't care and he got out his tools and we, mostly him, had it changed in less than 10 minutes.
I talked to the guy, who was with his girlfriend and it turns out, he is from Lake Havasu and his first name is Tim.
He is a server at the Black Bear Diner (http://blackbeardiner.com/) in Lake Havasu and he about to go to school to become an EMT and later a paramedic..so we had something in common.
I never got his name, but I really appreciate what he did.
And there are Good Samaritans still out there.
Thank you sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment