Monday, April 25, 2011

A Sales Tax I Can Support

In general, I am against almost every tax raise issue. Most tax raise proposals are just designated to fund further fat.
Well, yesterday, I went to the store to buy some candy bars- they had a sale at Albertsons, 2 for a dollar, and I had to get some money for my daughter's field trip from the cash back. So, off to Albertsons for some good old chocolate and sugar and I was kind of shocked that candy bars are not taxed. (unless it was a mistake by Albertsons.)
I understand the theory that food should not be taxed, food that can feed a family. Candy bars don't fit this description. Soda pop is taxed, so there is some inconsistency in this.
So, my liberal side is saying this- if the food is not accepted by food stamps, then I have no problem with it being taxed at the regular sales tax rate, which varies around the state of the Nevada.
The money should not be put in any special fund, just the general fund.
See, I have a liberal side.

No comments:

Post a Comment