Thursday, April 21, 2011

Vile And Disgusting Article Removed

Yesterday, I wrote a post on one of the most disgusting articles I have seen on the blogosphere or anywhere else. The Wonkette wrote an article about Trig Palin and ripped on kids with Down Syndrome, including calling one Down Syndrome child an "it". The comments in the comment section were just as bad and vile.
Well, today, the vile and heinous article was taken down by Wonkette and also noticeable, a lot of advertising is also missing.
From Wonkette: "A post on this page satirizing Sarah Palin using her baby as a political prop was very badly done and sounded like the author was mocking the child and not just Sarah Palin/Sarah Palin’s followers.
The writer, Jack Stuef, has apologized for it. And we have decided to remove the post as requested by some people who have nothing to do with Sarah Palin, but who do have an interest in the cause of special needs children. We apologize for the poor comedic judgment"

http://wonkette.com/443737/rude-post-deleted-by-editor-author-apologizes
First, the author was mocking Trig Palin and not Sarah Palin. That is clear by the post. Also, where is the POS author's apology? And they are removing because some people who are not associated with Sarah Palin asked. You mean if you are a Sarah Palin fan and requested the removal, they would not have removed the post?
The Wonkette web site is a vile and disgusting web site- it is the Westboro Church for liberals. I hope the advertisers continue to stay away from that vile and disgusting web site.

1 comment:

  1. I like a lot of Wonkette's content. I like irreverence. When you have a big league site with lots of contributors, there's bound to be somebody crossing the line sometimes. And let's face it, MANY of us have used tasteless jokes (remember those books?) about retarded people, fat people, stupid people--and yes--gay people. Doesn't make it right.

    I didn't see the piece you mentioned, so I can't comment on it specifically. But NOBODY is comperable to Westboro. It's like Hitler. There can be only one.

    And Dan, I tested my blog on Google Chrome, and the whole page loaded in about 30 seconds, max. Same thing with FireFox. Internet Explorer takes a little longer (I started fresh with cache flushed). The only place I have trouble loading my blog is on my Mac, which chokes on it. So, I'm not sure why you're having trouble with it. Maybe I had something that was a memory hog that has fallen off the front page. Thanks though, for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete