Last year, I tried to play the prediction game and got 18 out 28 predictions right. So, I am going to try again see if I can do better.
If you have any predictions, please feel free to share.
1. The Wisconsin Badgers will not win the 2012 Rose Bowl and not cover the spread. True- Badgers lost and didn't cover the spread.
2. The Badgers will finish in the top 4 in the 2012 Big 10 (12) season and not win the Big 10 title.
3. The Green Bay Packers will not win the Super Bowl. (maybe I can be a jinx)
4. Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers will get the 50 game suspension.
5. Prince Fielder will resign with the Brewers
6. The Miami Heat will win the NBA championship
7. Tiger Woods will one tournament in 2012 but not a major.
8. Eric Holder will no longer be the Attorney General by October.
9. Danny Tarkanian, Joe Heck and Mark Amodei will be elected to the House of Representatives for Nevada.
10. Dina Titus will win election to the House.
12. Dean Heller beats Shelly Berkley in the Senate race in Nevada.
13. The GOP candidate carries Nevada.
14. Mitt Romney wins the GOP nomination.
15. President Romney.
16. The Senate is taken over by the GOP.
17. The GOP retains the House.
18. Gov. Scott Walker will be governor of Wisconsin in June, as the recall effort fails.
19. The unemployment rate in Nevada will be around 10% in December.
20. The GOP will take over the Nevada Senate but will lose the Assembly.
21. The Clark County teachers union will lose it's arbitration with the District.
22. Despite a lot of threats, there will be no teacher layoffs this year.
23. The outcry between Judge Steve Jones and an assistant DA and the supposed affair will go nowhere.
24. The over/under for the high temp. in Las Vegas will be 114 and I go with the over.
25. There will be a major forest fire in the Mount Charleston area this year.
26. The number of police shootings will be down significantly in 2012.
27. Gitmo, the prison for terrorists in Cuba, will still be open at the end of the 2012.
28. UNLV basketball will make the NCAA's and go out in the 2nd or 3rd round.
29. UNLV football will win 5 games in 2012.
30. The Occupy Movement will be done with by July.
31. Indy car racing will come back to Las Vegas in 2o12 despite the denials.
So, those are my predictions for 2012. No matter what happens, it is going to be a strange and turbulent year. Stay safe, please and thanks for reading.
Captain Obvious: Dictionary.com Doesn't "Get" Atheism
25 minutes ago