Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rep. Dr. Joe Heck On Obama And Nevada

From the in-box from my U.S. Representative, Rep. Dr. Joe Heck:
Today, President Obama said that the private sector was doing fine.
Less than 24 hours after visiting Nevada, where his policies have disproportionally hurt our families, our businesses and our economy, he says the private sector is doing fine.
Well, Mr. President, Nevada's small businesses are hurting. They are over-taxed, over-regulated and overly burdened by a government that stands in the way of growth, costs us good jobs, and has created the highest unemployment and highest foreclosure rate in the country.
I've worked hard to help people stay in their homes and I've seen first-hand the struggles and the strength of Nevada. I know we will persevere.  I know we will survive.  And I know that we will succeed - but we will succeed despite an over-reaching, bloated, arrogant federal government. I have joined members of the House in passing more than 30 jobs bills that are sitting idle in the Democratic-controlled U.S. Senate.
Together we can push back.  Together we can send a message.  More importantly, together we can overcome a government that has forgotten who it serves and what its mission is.
I know the private sector is struggling.  I know business owners are working a lot harder to get by and I know that those looking for work understand that good jobs will only come back when we have an environment that encourages job creation, growth and investment.  
Government is doing just fine...but here in the real world real people are struggling.
Now that is what a leader sounds like.

No comments:

Post a Comment