Friday, September 4, 2015

Interesting

Image result for pitbull
When you mention Pitbull (the singer, not the dog) is going to open up a school in Las Vegas and already has one in Miami.
From the LVRJ:
Later this month, Pitbull is slated to kick off his Las Vegas residency at the Axis at Planet Hollywood, a seven-show run that will play through Oct. 7 (9/23, 9/25, 9/26, 9/30, 10/2, 10/3, 10/7). While his time here will be short, if all goes according to plan, he'll be leaving a mark on Las Vegas long after he leaves.
In an interview earlier with the Review-Journal — which you can read in its entirety next week  the rapper talked about his plans to expand the efforts of SLAM (Sports & Leadership Academy), the Miami-based charter he helped launch in 2013, by opening up a new campus here in Las Vegas in 2017.
"Man, to me, I think that's what this whole journey's about  you know, to be able to grab a young mind and teach it how to focus, believe in himself, work hard, envision and achieve," the rapper, whose legal name is Christian Perez, told us earlier today. "I mean, there's no price to that.
"So to be able to see these kids, I see me in these kids," he continued. "And a lot of these kids, I can look at them and know their story without having to even, I would say, have a conversation. So it's ... I wouldn't even use the word 'empowering' ... It's something that I can't even describe in words, to be honest with you."  http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/music/pitbull-open-charter-school-las-vegas-exclusive
I don't much about Pitbull other than he is a very sharp dresser when on camera.
But if he wants to open a charter school in Las Vegas, more power to him and he cannot do as bad as CCSD and it won't be easy to surpass CCSD.
But 2 words you probably would never use in mathe same sentence is Pitbull+education.

No comments:

Post a Comment