Wednesday, August 17, 2016

RIP John McLaughlin

Because of John McLaughlin, I got my interest in politics and started my belief in conservatism.
From Fox News: John McLaughlin, the stalwart political commentator who created television’s “McLaughlin Group,” died Tuesday at his home in Virginia. He was 89.
His death came less than two days after he missed the first episode of his show in 34 years.
“As a former Jesuit priest, teacher, pundit and news host, John touched many lives,” the show’s producers wrote on Facebook.
“For 34 years, ‘The McLaughlin Group’ informed millions of Americans. Now he has said bye bye for the last time, to rejoin his beloved dog, Oliver, in heaven. He will always be remembered.”
On Sunday his show opened with a note from McLaughlin offering his support and explaining his absence:
“Dear friends of The McLaughlin Group, Dr. McLaughlin here. As the panel’s recent absences attest, I am under the weather. The final issue of this episode has my voice, but please forgive me for its weaker than usual quality. Yet my spirit is strong and my dedication to this show remains absolute!”
The nature of his illness was not disclosed.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/john-mclaughlin-dead-hosted-mclaughlin-group-34-years-article-1.2753883
I liked the in-your-face comments by him McLaughlin and he made his guest think.
I also realized what a knucklehead, incompetent liar Eleanor Clift who thinks Hillary is god and makes no mistakes whatsoever.
So, thank you, Mr. McLaughlin for teaching me and millions more about politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment