Friday, March 18, 2011

Marquette Warriors Defeat Xavier 66-55

In an upset, the 11th seeded Marquette Warriors defeated the 6th seeded Xavier Musketeers, 66-55. I actually had this upset in my NCAA bracket.
I am really glad that the Warriors won. My dad used to work in public relations for the basketball team when Al McGuire coached the Warriors.
He was good friends with McGuire and Hank Raymonds along with several team members and I was able go to several Warrior games when George Thompson was playing for the Warriors. My proudest moment, at the time, of my dad, was when I heard him on the radio, when he was interviewed at half time during a game.
So, good luck to the Warriors as they make the field of 32. And of course, good luck to the Wisconsin Badgers who are also in the field of 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment