Sunday, March 6, 2011

More Teacher Union Bashing. Good

Here is another cartoon about teacher unions. The sad part is that many teachers completely believe in teacher unions that they totally lose focus. This was the case, especially when I taught in Wisconsin and many teachers believed more in the union than the kids. Many teachers I worked with in Wisconsin put the union first instead of the children and their families.

Here in Las Vegas, I choose to belong in the union. In Wisconsin, I didn't have that choice- you had to belong to the union or pay fair share to the union- which is the same amount.
In Nevada, that is not a requirement, at least I don't think it is. I do know, the people don't respect the union here in Vegas and most teachers I know would never stage a protest with the result of a day off for students, unlike Wisconsin teachers.


h/t Real Debate Wisconsin

No comments:

Post a Comment