Monday, May 23, 2011

Henderson Alderman Canidate Ripping Off Taxpayers

Mike Mayberry is the former police chief of the Henderson, NV police department and he is a candidate for the 4th district alderman seat for the City of Henderson.
But something is not right. He is retired and collecting a pension. Not a problem. He is also on disability for a heart problem and is collecting disability pay.
From the LVRJ: Bateman and Mayberry have exchanged blows in a series of campaign mailers.
Earlier this week, Bateman renewed his attack on Mayberry, whom he accuses of collecting disability pay on top of his city pension, even though he's not disabled.
The new flier features pictures pilfered from Mayberry's own Facebook page that show him playing guitar and deep-sea fishing.
Bateman said his opponent still hasn't adequately explained why he is "collecting full disability while perfectly healthy and having the time of his life in retirement."
But Mayberry insists he has answered Bateman's claims. He retired as police chief because his doctors told him he would die at his desk if he continued in such a pressure-packed job. Serving on the City Council doesn't compare in terms of stress, he said.
"That son of a gun. I can't believe that he hacked my Facebook page," Mayberry said. "Since I retired, I've gone fishing two times.
"What am I supposed to do, lay in bed the rest of my life?" http://www.lvrj.com/news/candidates-battle-for-henderson-ward-4-122381924.html

No Chief, I expect you to take one or the other. If you are retired, then take your pension. If you are on disability, stop taking your pension. You shouldn't be able to take both and that is double dipping.
I am sure, Chief, you probably do have a disability with your heart and I really don't care if you go fishing or hunting or deep sea diving. but you shouldn't be taking the retirement pension.
And I am sorry Chief, being a police chief is not as pressured pack as being a cop that is on the streets. A police chief is basically a paper pusher and supervisor. They don't chase down criminals and they delegate supervisory positions to captains, lieutenants and sergeants. So, if your chief job could kill you, why wouldn't an alderman job where you have the public yelling at you no matter what position you have on an issue?
I'm sure Chief Mayberry would do a good job on the city council, as his opponent. Even though I live in Henderson, I don't live in the 4th ward, where this battle is taking place, so technically i don't have a dog in this race. But if I am paying for two pensions for 1 guy, it does effect me and the rest of the taxpayers of Henderson.
Time to give up 1 pension, chief.

No comments:

Post a Comment