Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Think I Will Take Iran's Side On this One

From the Daily Mail: A punishment in which an Iranian man was to be blinded by having acid dropped into his eyes has been postponed after international condemnation.
Majid Movahedi was convicted and sentenced for pouring a bucket of acid over Ameneh Bahrami after she rejected his marriage proposals.
The attack left her blind and severely disfigured.

The court-ordered retribution was due to have been carried out yesterday in Tehran.
But it is understood the authorities in the Iranian capital decided to postpone the punishment, which is allowed under Sharia law if the victim requests it, because of national and international disquiet including concerns raised by the British Government.
Yesterday Ms Bahrami told Al Jazeera, the Qatar-based news service: ‘I was very happy that this was going to end today.
‘And yes, I was going to carry out the punishment myself, but I was afraid that I would get acid on my hands, so a doctor was going to do it. It’s been six years that I’ve been waiting. The verdict is completely legal.’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1387223/Irans-eye-eye-acid-punishment-sentence-branded-inhumane.html#ixzz1MTvX2eYr

To see how outrageous this crime is, go to the pictures on the link. The acid attack has left this woman horribly disfigured and she will never have a normal life.
Of course, infamously notorious, Amnesty International says the punishment, blinding the thug with acid, is cruel. Well too fricking to bad. Look at the pictures, you morons at Amnesty International- look at her face you jerks.
I rarely ever side with Iran, but in this case, Iran is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment