Saturday, June 25, 2011

Intersting Business Reviews: Rocket Fizz, Hash House A Go-Go And A Chinese Resturant

Yesterday, the family decided to go out and enjoy some out of the ordinary businesses.
First, we went to Hash House A Go Go at the M Resort. We heard about the restaurant from Man vs Food TV show.
It wasn't the most pleasant experience. The service stunk, the food was large but tasted only ok and their late breakfast made no sense whatsoever.
I ordered a chicken salad sandwich and it was large- I have a big mouth (surprise) and I could not get the sandwich in my mouth- I had to eat it in sections. Cathy, my lovely bride had the BBBLT (A large BLT) and it was pretty good.
They have a late breakfast on the lunch menu but for some reason, they don't have their entire breakfast menu on it. Hash House loves to promote it's chocolate chip pancakes but doesn't offer it on the late menu. Same with their Snickers pancakes, both of which I would have ordered to bring home. But I did bring home a brown sugar banana pancake which was quite good, even being 1 day old.
The restaurant had a nice view of the M pool, not I looked out there much.
And the service sucked.
Later we went to a store named Rocket Fizz, which is located in the large shopping center by Tropicana and Fort Apache, which is the west area of the Valley.
Rocket Fizz has just about every kind and taste of soda there is in the United States. From Jones, Dad's Root beer, Reeds, Reading, Jackson Hole and other brands of soda. And it has Sprecher, my favorite brand of soda. They have Sprecher Root Beer, Cream, Cherry Cola, Apple and I think one or two more kinds. They also had Bug Barf and Kitty Piddle soda, which my son got.
It also has candy that is sold in other areas of the country. They had my favorite- Oh Henry candy bars which I cannot find in Las Vegas. They also have a huge selection of taffy. They have a lot of different kinds of candy bars and bag candy that will give you cavities by just looking at it..
And the service by the lady behind the counter was excellent.
Then we went to a Chinese Restaurant in China Town today. The food portions were small, food bland and they didn't give us any rice with our dishes.
And they had a picture of disgraced U.S. Senator John Ensign on the wall of fame. Maybe that should have told me something.
So, if you want different kinds of food, check out Hash House and if you want to try different kinds of sodas and candy, Rocket Fizz is for you. And don't go to a restaurant that has a picture of John Ensign in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment