Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ralston's Going To Pay For This

Jon Ralston must have had a concussion because he is actually writing a negative story about Crybaby Harry Reid and the scandal that is involving the Senator and some possible illegal contributions.
From the Las Vegas Sun: Based on this article that posted late this afternoon on the RJ's web site, which said the total was "at least $142,600," I decided to do a little bit more research to see what else I could find. It still appears to me that the RJ has yet to actually look at these reports, as evidenced by the sentence that says the "number has ballooned from the original $115,000 figure the Review-Journal reported," which, as I pointed out below, was obviously wrong from even a cursory examination and just given to the newspaper, which did not bother to check. Upon further review, I found I had missed a couple of spouses, but I also decided to research some other names and found out the total is not $142,600," including the Harvey and Annette contributions,as the RJ just reported, but at least $147,200. That is, I can account for that much -- I assume the RJ simply was spoon-fed a new number after I posted this originally. The RJ also has yet to show how obvious it must have been to Harry Reid's campaign folks -- the $147,200 is just under 70 percent of the total reported that one day -- 64 out of 104 contributions. I have left the rest of the blog post below intact, except for updating the list, explaining who I added and amending the orginal numbers.
So how obvious is it that Harvey Whittemore bundled six figures to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on one March day in 2007?
Very....
“On that day, Reid's campaign received at least $115,000 from about two dozen Whittemore employees and their family members, most of whom each contributed the maximum allowed $4,600, according to federal campaign reports. The employees also included Whittemore family members.”
It doesn’t appear the RJ reporters made any effort to really find out how much money (maybe they just accepted the estimate from a source?) or put it in context, so I decided to look for myself. Here’s what I found, with some help from CQMoneyLine:
On that day, Reid reported the biggest single-day haul of the two-year cycle: $216,000. More than half of the money -- $124,200 (now $147,200), not $115,000 – came from donors I can tie to Whittemore. There were 54 (now 64) (out of 104 total) contributions – which I have listed below – from family, employees and spouses.
It is inconceivable that someone in Reidworld did not know what was happening – that is, that Whittemore had bundled all that money for him. But bundling is not illegal. What would be is if Whittemore told these people to contribute and reimbursed them, and easily proven if it were traceable through company checks. And the Reid folks surely would argue they had no idea Whittemore was providing illegal conduit contributions if -- and a big IF -- that is what is discovered.
Would one of the smartest men in Nevada have been that dumb? We will find out.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/ralstons-flash/2012/feb/20/one-day-reid-reported-124200-contributions-whittem/ 
I am sure that Crybaby Reid knew what was going on- he is the master of unethical politics in Nevada.  He probably thought he could get away with it but thanks to Ralston's reporting, we never would have known.  I wonder how many other times this has happened and not reported.  My guess, more than once.
My guess is that Ralston just pissed off Crybaby Harry and Reid will find a way to retaliate against Ralston.

No comments:

Post a Comment