Saturday, March 25, 2017

Days In The Library

Image result for image library shhh
So, far, my giving up TV for Lent has been going well, though if I wanted it tougher, I should have included giving up the computer.  Giving up TV is not the same as it was 30 years ago or so.
But I have been going to the library to check out books and actually read books, something I really haven't done much in the past few years, unless the book really, really interested me, which left out 99.999998% of books.
However something has changed at least at the library I go to.  It no longer is the quiet sanctuary it used to be.
And it's not the kids, it's the adults.  They have no problem talking loudly, talking on the phone, gossiping and other loud talk.  Heck, it is quieter in a fast food restaurant than in the library.
The kids at the library are usually quiet, something they probably learned at school but the adults forgot.
The librarians don't do anything about the loud noise because they will probably run into some crazy and have issues with them.
How the times have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment