Thursday, February 2, 2012

Clark County Goverment Incompetence May Not Let Me Participate In The GOP Caucus's

On Saturday, I was planning on attending my first GOP caucus but because of the incompetence of the Clark County Registrar of Voters, I may not get this opportunity.
A couple of years ago, I lived across the street from Nellis Air Force base and then I moved to Henderson, a move of 25 miles.  When we moved, i contqacted Clark County of my move and they gave me the information where to vote.  During our 2 years here, I have voted 2 times in Henderson/State elections.
But according to the Clark County Registrar of Voters, I never moved and they still have me at my old address.  When I notified the Nevada GOP, they told me I cannot vote in Henderson but have to travel close 30-40 miles to vote at Cheyenne High school and be there by 7:00.  Since you need ID with your address, I may not even be allowed inside the doors.
So, instead of doing my patriotic duty and participate in the Nevada cucuses, I may be on the outside, looking in just because some bureaucrat forgot to enter my address into the proper data base.
What is going on with Clark County employees- horrible service at UMC Quick Care and now the Registrar of Voters?

2 comments:

  1. You need ID? Why? I caucused at Silverado High School a couple of weeks ago, and just showed the card they sent me in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't get the card in the mail because they sent it to the old address and it wasn't forwarded to my new address because I have lived here too long.

      Delete