Monday, September 17, 2012

Man Shoots 25 In 9 Holes Of Golf

From the San Diego Union Times: The average golfer reaches 25 strokes in a round after about four or five holes. Imagine taking a full nine to get to that number.
Todd Baek did it on Sunday, and even he couldn’t quite believe it.
The 20-year-old Rancho Bernardo High alum and former San Diego State golfer made three eagles, five birdies and one par on the front nine to shoot an astonishing 11-under-par 25 during a casual afternoon round at Salt Creek Golf Club in Chula Vista.
“I was amazed myself,” Baek said on Monday. “It was like, ‘What’s going on?’ We were playing for money, so my friends were giving me (crud) about it. They said you need to stop making birdies or you’re going to walk home.”
Baek bested by two shots Nationwide Tour pro Brian Smock’s course record of 62, but his 12-under 60 turned out to be bittersweet. He reached the par-5 18th green in two shots with a chance to score a magical 59, but three-putted from 60 feet.
“I was more mad that I screwed up my chance to shoot 59,” Baek said. “But on the way home my friends were saying, ‘Do you realize that you just shot 25?’ We were laughing about it.”  http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/sep/17/san-diegan-baek-fires-11-under-25-round-salt-creek/
As a former weekend duffer, I can appreciate a score of 25 in 9 holes.  That's an average of 2+ on every hole.  And this was not a pitch and putt course, it was a full length course with holes from 144 to 461 yards and yardage of 2981 for the 9 holes.  Par for the 9 holes is 36.
Just to bad he choked on the back 9 and had to settle for a 60 final score.

No comments:

Post a Comment