Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Crap

It appears, short of a earthquake in Washington D.C. in the next couple of days, Paul Ryan will be Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.
I have mixed feelings.
First, he comes from Wisconsin, and with me being from Wisconsin, that should be a huge positive.
He is a very smart gentleman
And Ryan is a nice guy and can get along with everyone, including the dreaded Obama and democrats.
And now for his downside:
 Ryan is a nice guy and can get along with everyone, including the dreaded Obama and democrats.
Harry Reid endorsed him.
Ryan is not a true conservative or even a conservative wanna be.  He is pretty much an establishment GOP House member.
He doesn't really want the job.
Could the GOP have gotten a better candidate?  Sure.
Would the better candidate have gotten the vote needed to be elected?
doubtful.
So, grudgingly, I guess Paul Ryan is the next Speaker of the House and my hope is that he will not be a Boehner, McConnell or any other establishment GOP member.
I hope he surprises us and evolves into a true conservative.
But I won't hold my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment