Saturday, January 9, 2016

Amazing, No One Wins Powerball

$1,300,000,000 on Wednesday.
After the drawing, most state's and Powerball web sites were frozen or crashed.
I was sure there would be 2-5 winners today.
There was probably a better chance of Powerball not winning than there would be winner or 3.
Sadly, there will be some people spending money they barely have for a shot at winning the money.  So, if you do play, play responsibly, after all, when I win on Wednesday, you won't be out so much money.

3 comments:

  1. Now that we're in Ohio, we buy a few dollars in tickets every so often. When it's really high, we have extra incentive to go down to the CircleK or Kroger. When I do, I might buy 1 or 2 each of Mega Millions and Powerball (I figure, buy a little of both, even if one is high and one is "low"--millions is millions, low or not!). But even with the colossal payout, I doubt we'll spend more that $10 or so on it.

    But see, here's where my atheism fails me (and you can laugh). We have a lottery list. A much-discussed list of people we'd bequeath with percentages of the win. I crunched the numbers today, and our chart would pay out (to family and friends) over a quarter BILLION to OTHER PEOPLE, with us holding the rest. Now, you'd think karma or God or kismet would see this act of generosity as worthy of a win. Wouldn't you? But I don't believe in any of that stuff!

    Well, you can't win if you don't play. And at least I don't have to go to Primm or Arizona to do it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true about not having to go to Primm and AZ. Bet you didn't have to wait more than a few minutes.
    Good luck and if I win, I'll throw a few thousand to you.

    ReplyDelete