Friday, April 7, 2017

And He's In

And now they have a baseball team, as the U.S. Senate has confirmed Supreme Court justice, Neil Gorsuch.
From Fox News: The Senate confirmed Judge Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court on Friday, filling the critical ninth seat that has been vacant for over a year and capping a tumultuous debate that saw Republicans overhaul the way the chamber operates in order to overcome what they described as an unprecedented Democratic filibuster.
The 54-45 vote, in which three Democrats crossed party lines to support the appeals court justice, is expected to restore a 5-4 conservative tilt on the bench. Once sworn in, Gorsuch will join the court and begin to hear cases, in the seat once held by the late Justice Antonin Scalia, who died in February 2016.
“He’s going to make the American people proud,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said.
McConnell is wrong about 1 thing though.  Only about 60% of Americans will be proud of Gorsuch, the other 40%, those with Trump Derangement Syndrome, will never be proud of him.  Trump can find a cure for cancer and heart problems, rescue a kitten from a tree and help a little old lady cross the street and the Trump haters will still hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment