Wednesday, April 5, 2017

I'm Shocked, Just Shocked

Yeah, this not that surprising.
From the LVRJ: Barry Manilow has spoken publicly for the first time about being gay, saying he feared he would disappoint his mostly female fan base had he come out decades ago.
The “Can’t Smile Without You” singer, now 73, talked with People magazine and Entertainment Tonight about his previously secret, almost 40-year romance with husband Garry Kief.
“I thought I would be disappointing them (fans) if they knew I was gay. So I never did anything,” Manilow told People in an interview released Wednesday.
I've Manilow in concert a few times and does a good and this doesn't change the fact I do like several of his songs.
In fact, Manilow was my first rock music favorite singer and his song, "It's a Miracle" is one of my all time favorites.
I wonder who is more narrow minded though, Manilow thinking most of his female fans wouldn't accept him as gay or the few women who would care.


No comments:

Post a Comment