Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Obama Got One Right

The newest story has that BP putting in escrow about $20 billion for damages involved in the gulf oil disaster.
Yesterday, I said that the person who takes on the job of administrating the account has to be ethical upon reproach. I had one person in mind but I didn't know the guy's name, but it was the man who doled out the money to the 9-11 victims. I think he did a very good job and there were few complaints.
The next job the guy had was being Obama's pay czar. While I totally disagree with Obama's regulating pay, I thought the man in charge did a good job and again, very few complaints for the job he did.
The man, Kenneth Feinberg is a very good choice for this difficult job, provided that politics do not get mixed in with Feinberg's job. I am not confident that Obama and the Democrats will not try and play politics with this money. If Obama and the Democrats (and the GOP, for that matter) start playing politics, then this plan will fail miserably and the people hurt will be the most vulnerable. If Feinberg is allowed to do his job, then I have confidence that most everyone who has a legitimate claim will be paid fairly.
Wow, rip on a conservative icon and praise Obama on back to back posts? Very rare indeed but I call them as I see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment