Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blues BBQ Closed Dow And Now I Know Why I Got Sick

Blues BBQ in Henderson, by the Galleria Mall closed down earlier this month or last because of problems with their State business license.
Channel 13, KTNV did a very good piece on the problems at Blues: http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12801975
Our family went to Blues earlier this year. While the service was ok, I got sick on the BBQ combo. Maybe this will explain it from Channel 13: "Cisneros says kitchen staff were told by the Manakides' to disguise meat that was going bad with heavy sauces and spices.
"Even if it wasn't good they would still sell it," says Cisneros."

Well, that certainly explains my time on and around the toilet after eating there. However, no one else got sick from the family. I guess, one out of four ain't bad.
When it was time to pay the bill, we were overcharged by about $5. We brought this to the attention to the cashier and the cashier had the waitress pay us the money out of her tip money. We didn't take the money from her and maybe that was another red flag for the place.
So, RIP Blues BBQ, it is good to see you go, but beware in Tonopath, the owners are trying to open up a BBQ joint in your city.

1 comment:

  1. I ate at Blues BBQ on May 30. I saw the articles about its closing and shady ownership and commented to my family "Oh, great, I used my credit card."

    Well, the first bogus charge showed up on my card on June 20 and the last one was three days ago. Lots of pizza places, Dessy's and other places around town; gas charges and more pizza in St. Louis, Denver, Houston. Total so far about $350. Can't say for sure that it stems from there but...

    Also, for people using a stolen credit card number (all charges were keyed in, not swiped), they are lousy tippers.

    ReplyDelete