Sunday, July 25, 2010

Liberal Nutroots Behaving Badly

This weekend, about 2000 liberal Netroots invaded Las Vegas and I am glad they came to Las Vegas. However, some others decided to behave badly. (as far as I know no arrests of any Nutroots was reported, though)
From John Fund and the Wall Street Journal: At last year's Pittsburgh gathering, I saw a group of cheerful and upbeat folk assemble a full-fledged alternative convention for the Democratic Party. This year's meeting, in contrast, is characterized by angst and confusion. In Pittsburgh, I was treated with civility and even kindness. This year, three liberal bloggers surrounded me with video cameras within minutes of my arrival. They followed me into the media room, endlessly repeating questions about my articles on ACORN. Finally, they had to be asked to leave by other reporters there...Mr. Moulitsas was preceded by Ed Schultz, the liberal host who appears daily on MSNBC. He divided his speech between appeals to liberals to "stick it" to "ruthless, callous, rotten-to-the core Republicans" and raging about his disappointment with the Obama administration. "The White House has a war room. I think they have a sissy room too," he told attendees. At times he sounded like a spurned suitor. "I busted my ass for Obama," he said. "He don't come to Ed, he goes [and gives an interview] to Bret Baier on Fox News in my time slot." (emphasis mine. If a conservative said that, you think the gay community would silent about that?)
Even Mr. Schultz's attempts at softer moments seemed a bit off-key. He acknowledged the tragedy that Fox host Glenn Beck may be going blind, but only because "it's a travesty he's not going to see the country he's trying to destroy."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703294904575385221258338304.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion
Not everyone at the Nutroots convention was rude and boorish. People like James Greenlee of the Greenlee Gazette, are the classy people and that was probably most of the crowd. The folks at Las Vegas Gleaner act and sound like pigs and would fit in with the other pigs at the convention, like Ed Schultz.
And Ed Schultz, someone who I actually respected once, has just become a bitter old man. I guess that happens when you get no ratings on your TV show.
So, adios, Netroots, thanks for spending your money in Las Vegas. And to the bitter lefties, good riddance.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the shoutout! I enjoy our banter too. I get kind of snarky, you get a little frothy, but our discourse is always respectful.

    I didn't go to the Netroots thingie. . .didn't know about it until late in the week, and it's kinda expensive. I'd love to have met some of the other (way more famous) bloggers, though.

    Not much for big Ed. He reminds me too much of Limbaugh. But I kinda dig the Gleaner. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks.

    ReplyDelete