Since Cathy has been in the hospital, I've had to play Mr. Mom to my kids and if my experience in the kitchen today is any idea how things are going, I'm in some deep crap.
First, i was going to make my ever famous meat loaf which my kids actually love. Last night, I got out the hamburger to thaw and today I made up the meat loaf mix. Go ready to put the meat in, except the hamburger I pulled out turned out to be a pork loin. They look the same when they are in the grocery bag, but they are not interchangeable. Time for plan B.
The kids wanted Ramen noodles- cool, that works. So, I made them the noodles on the stove and put my noodles in the microwave. Except I forgot to put water in my noodles. I smelled smoke and looked into the microwave and my noodles were on fire. Got the fire out with smoke rolling out of the microwave. Opened up the windows and turned on the fans in the house and that helped.
I hope the smoke smell in the house will be gone in the next few days.