Sunday, December 11, 2011

So, Who Will Win The Next Iron Chef?











For those who follow Iron Chef America knows that they are trying to replace Kat Kora as the next Iron Chef. They started with 10 chefs and now they are down to the 2 finalists.

The two chefs I favored going into the competition, Robert Irvine and Anne Burell were knocked off early. Irvine was eliminated because of a conflict of interest with judge Michael Symon- Irvine took over a show- Restaurant Impossible- that Symon tried but got kicked off the show in favor of Irvine.
Burrell was eliminated last week, I believe. I thought she had the personality to be a good Iron Chef, but I guess not.
So, tonight, they eliminated two chefs- Michael Chiarello and Alex Guarnaschelli, leaving Elizabeth Faulkner and Geoffrey Zakarian as the finalists.
Now, I believe that the People over at Iron Chef and the Food Network knew before the competition started who the winner was going to be. I am sure they did focus groups, polls and other things to see who was the most popular chef. The Iron Chef show and the Food Network would not pick a chef who was not popular with their audiences, so I firmly believe they already knew who was going to win and the competitions were just for show and ratings.
So, who will be the next Iron Chef? My vote goes for Chef Faulkner. That doesn't mean she is the best chef, just that she is the most logical.

Right now, they have no females on Iron Chef and so they need a female to replace Kora. Further, Chef Zakarian is a cerebral chef- not the type of chef they are looking for. He is not exciting or outgoing like a Bobby Flay. He has perfect hair, unlike Mark Forgione. He is a great chef but just lacks the personality in front of the camera.
On the other hand, Chef Faulkner seems more outgoing and more exciting in the kitchen. She has the spiked hair and an outgoing personality.
So, in the end, I think Chef Zakarian is the better chef but Chef Faulkner will be the next Iron Chef.

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Anne Burrell was the choice for me.
    She has the right personality , and all the food chops needed to have become the next iron chef...PERIOD! She would have given that show just the right added excitement it has lacked.

    Alex is a conceited, nauseating, arrogant person, and i'm thrilled beyond belief, that she was sent packing.Too bad it wasn't sooner.
    Can't even understand WHY she is on TV at all in ANY capacity!

    Zakarian is a good chef, that's a given. Unfortunately he is also a boring stiff.
    POLITICS folks.... The next Iron Chef was determined way before this show began.
    So... Who will it be??
    I believe it will be Faulkner.I like her very much..However it should have been Anne Burrell, from the get go!!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the tale was told before 'twas begun. Faulkner is 'okay' ... I love Robert! However, I think even though he performs superbly under pressure - he might get bored by the 'routine' of IC.

    I wished the final two were Anne & Elizabeth. Wild & crazy women.

    Chef Z seems to thrive more on the figurehead role. I really did enjoy seeing him and the other Chopped judges on the other side of the judges table, when they did their cook-offs.
    Cat Cora is talented and I think Faulkner will be a good alternate [re women IC].

    Wonder if AB would ever consider or has ever been offered a chance to compete (IC)? I'd at least like to see him paired with an IC - celeb style [like Cat & Paula v Bobby & Robert] THAT WAS GREAT.

    One more thing ... anybody else wish they'd release the "original" IC (Japan) episodes on DVD?!?!? I'd buy 'em.

    ReplyDelete