Monday, March 5, 2012

No Free Tickets For Teachers

For at least the past 5 years, teachers have gotten free tickets to the NASCAR races at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, but for some reason, this year, LVMS and their sponsors are not donating any tickets.  I wonder why?
I can think so several reasons:
1.  No one one wanted to sponsor the tickets this year.
2. Last year, they offered Sprint Cup tickets, but ran out of tickets before all the teachers got tickets, so they offered free Nationwide tickets.  I saw rude behavior and talked to a ticket seller and apparently some teachers gave them crap for them giving the teachers supposed inferior tickets.
3. The teachers in the community, because of the union, are being perceived as being greedy.  The union wants raises even though the district is running about $20,000,000 in the red.  Because of this, whoever sponsored the tickets didn't want to get get bad publicity for giving tickets to us greedy teachers.
4.  The union is involved in a tough negotiating with the district and it is possible the District said it didn't want to help distribute the ticket.
I know it is probably not the fault  of the LVMS, they have been more than generous to teachers over the years.
It could be any of these reasons, none of the reasons or a combination of the reasons, I really don't know.   I know it is probably not the fault  of the LVMS, they have been more than generous to teachers over the years.
All I know, I won't be going to the races this weekend because I just cannot afford the price of the tickets for a family of 4, but that's life.  All I can say is thank you to LVMS for the 5 years I did get free tickets and I'll still enjoy NASCAR week here in Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment