Friday, August 16, 2013

Guess What Is Missing?



From Channel 13 Las Vegas: Read any contract carefully before signing. One valley woman regrets not following that life lesson, after finding herself in a dispute with a local car dealer. So as Action News anchor Tricia Kean reports, she picked up the phone and called Contact 13's Call for Action for help.
 "I felt they had taken advantage of me," says Rosetta Loving.
 Buying a new car should be a fun experience. But Rosetta says it was just the opposite.
 "That was a nightmare," says Rosetta.
 She found the car she wanted back in June. It was a used 2012 compact, with just under 36,000 miles on it. Rosetta says she only wanted to pay $13,000 in cash.
 "He said $15,988. And so I said that's really over my price. And he said we can make it happen Ms. Loving," says Rosetta.
 But she says they couldn't come to an agreement.
 "He had explained to me that Ms. Loving, the financial, he's going to make it possible where you have just a small payment. I said I don't want to. I want to pay cash," says Rosetta.
 She says 8 hours went by, with her trying to negotiate the price.
 "By this time it's 10 o'clock. I'm exhausted... I just couldn't even think anymore. I was at the point where I was angry and I couldn't concentrate," says Rosetta.  http://www.ktnv.com/contact13/consumerinformation/Call-for-Action-helps-local-woman-facing-dispute-with-car-dealer-219974351.html
Sounds like a pretty shady car dealership and an unethical sales person.  I would love to know who they are....
But Channel 13 decided not to identify the car dealership in question. 
Why?
Is the car dealership a sponsor?
That would be extremely unethical of Channel 13 News to refuse to identify the corrupt sponsor if they are a sponsor.
Did Channel 13 refuse to identify the car dealership because they made a deal with Channel 13 in return for giving the woman her money back?  More unethical behavior.
In fact, by not identifying the car dealership is extremely unethical.
What's up with that, Channel 13?

No comments:

Post a Comment