Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Good Luck To North Dakota

I used to live in North Dakota. First, I was stationed at Minor AFB. You know, join the air Force and see the world. well, I saw North Dakota for 4 years. Then I worked at an institution for the mentally retarded in Dunseith N.D. I also have visited Fargo and Grand Forks ND.
Now, North Dakota is preparing for another massive flood of the Red River. There have many damaging floods of the river in the past few years, especially in 1997 when Grand Forks and other cities along the river were basically destroyed.
Good luck, Fargo and later, Grand Forks (the river runs south to north) and hope there is minimal damage.
http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2010/03/16/north-dakota-residents-day-prepare-massive-flood/?test=latestnews

4 comments:

  1. My thoughts exactly. But I think you meant to say that the Red River runs south to north.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, The Red River does run south to north. First, it will it the Fargo, then Grand Forks and then the floods will hit Canada. It's one of the few if not the only river that does it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. That's my point. Your post says the river runs north to south, but it actually runs south to north, which is undoubtedly what you meant to say.

    The Red isn't the only river that runs south to north. Rivers that are north of the north-south continental divide run south to north (because that is downhill on the northern half of the continent).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, i stand corrected. Again. Getting old.

    ReplyDelete