Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Next Iron Chef: They Need Instant Replay

Tonight, they had the second round of The Next Iron Chef show and popular chef, Robert Irvine was eliminated. This was kind of shocking since I thought he would be runner up to Anne Burrell.
In the first cooking challenge, they had to create stadium food at Petco Park in San Diego and it clearly showed that hardly anyone knew anything about food at the stadium as no one baked a pizza and only 1 person made a hamburger or hot dog. Maybe since the show s taped in California, they have no clue what stadium is- beer, hot dogs, hamburgers, more beer, pizza, ice cream topped off by more beer. And only 1 chef came a little close on that and the rest of the cast didn't have a clue.
In the final 2 person cook off, you had Irvine and Michael Chiarello. It was a close cook off and in the end, Chiarello won the cook off and stayed alive in the competition.
Chef Geoffrey Zakarian almost broke the rules and the judges were not that impressed with his cooking but he survived some how.
The judges seemed to be confused about who they liked and didn't like and I think if they had instant replay, they would see that Robert Irvine was one of the better chefs today and should not have been booted off the show.
So, maybe it is time for instant replay for The Next Iron Chef so the judges get it right the first time.

4 comments:

  1. I think Robert Irvine is the best Chef above and beyond all the other 9 contestants and would be a tremendous Iron Chef. I think that the two judges that were persuaded by Judge Simon to eliminate him were wimps because it was two against one at that point. Robert Irvine is awesome and his elimination was a BIG mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think it had a lot to do with Mike Simon losing "Dinner Impossible" when they decided to give it back to Robert. That's why he was whining about Robert's dish. That elimination was definitely a bad call and Mike Simon is probably jealous and looking for his chance to bring Robert down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t believe that Robert Irvine was eliminated! Out of the contenders I think he would have been the best Iron Chef. I have never been a fan of Anne Burrell, I think she makes a better assistant then on air personality. As for Zakarian, there is just something about that guys attitude I just don’t like. I really love watching Iron Chef and I enjoy the Next Iron Chef as well. My HDTV service is provided by DISH Network, my employer. It makes the picture look so good I can almost smell the food! I wonder what the challenges will be for next week. I hope it is somewhere the chefs feel a little more at home. Most of them looked so lost in the stadium.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! They eliminated Anne Burrell!!!!! They should never have eliminted Robert Irvine, he is truly an Iron Chef so I found this elimination especially satisfying as she should have been eliminated a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete