Saturday, May 9, 2015

To D Or Not D, That Is The Question.

I am having some severe teeth pain, which is one reason why I haven't done much blogging lately, along with a nasty cold.
But I have a dilemma, do I go to the dentist or not.
Of course, I should, but I will admit, I am scared to death of dentists.
About 15 years ago, I went for a normal dentist visit.  I had some cavitites and the dentist had to drill.
Well, to make a long story short, the dentist and his drill slipped and the drill went directly into my tongue, and it went almost all the way through the tongue.  Besides the tongue bleeding for a couple of days, I also lost my taste buds for about 8 months.
Eventually, I got over it.... after about 10 years.
So, about 5 years ago, I had to go to the dentist for sore teeth.
Again, the dentist drilled and some how, the dentist did not drill into the tongue but he made the fillings uneven and this caused tremendous pain, over several weeks. 
I had to go back to the dentist not once, not twice but 3 times and each time, before I went in, I was again in tremendous pain because of the new fillings.
So, now, I have to decide if I want to go to the dentist.  I know I need some treatment, but do I need the treatment and will I have to endure more pain from a dentist's treatment gone bad?
So, do I go to the dentist or not?  I honestly don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment