Thursday, June 11, 2015

Great Moments In education: Part 1

From Fox News: A Florida high school principal, who defended the Texas police officer at the center of that infamous pool melee, has become the latest victim of radical speech police hell-bent on trying to silence public discourse.
Alberto Iber lost his job as the principal at North Miami Senior High School after he wrote a comment about the McKinney, Texas incident on the Miami Herald’s website.
“He did nothing wrong,” Iber wrote. “He was afraid for his life. I commend him for his actions.”
Three sentences. Sixteen words. Sixty-two characters.
Miami-Dade County Public Schools released a statement on June 10 announcing that Mr. Iber had been removed from his position at the high school and reassigned to an administrative position.
The district said they require their employees to conduct themselves “in a manner that represents the school district’s core values"....
Superintendent Carvahlo sent a very chilling message to his employees – any opinion that is contrary to liberal ideology must be silenced. And those who dare to voice such an opinion in the public marketplace must be severely punished.  http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/06/11/did-nothing-wrong-florida-principal-fired-after-defending-texas-cop.html
Well, I am glad that I don't work for the Miami-Dade Public Schools as a teacher or janitor because I am pretty sure I would be fired if I spout my moves at a school or in print in a newspaper or on my blog.
And this not only happening in Miami but in school districts throughout the country.
It starts in colleges when a teacher is training- if you are a conservative and tell people your views, you will probably not become a teacher or they will make it hard for you.  I know as I experienced discrimination for being a conservative at the University of Wisconsin-Madison- home of the Badgers.
Then you go to school districts and you face discrimination there.  I experienced in the Milwaukee Public Schools.  I was a conservative in at a liberal, mixed race school and I wasn't welcomed in open arms, especially since I reported a teacher for abuse- hitting a student.  I was transferred out and went to an all-black high school in the heart of the Milwaukee inner city.  I thrived there because we had a principal- best one I ever had- Mr. Lovell, who was a conservative Black man.  He didn't last long either, because he tried his best to turn the horrible school around by kicking out both bad teachers and students but the teacher's union and the MPS administration didn't like him because of his conservative style of educating.
So, it doesn't surprise me that the idiots that run the Miami-Dade School District wouldn't like a conservative being in their schools.
So, my suggestion is this: if you are in the position to hire people, I wouldn't hire anybody who is from of the Miami-Dade Schools because they will end up liberal and stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment