Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Nevada DMV: Great Service


Today, I had to renew my driver's license because of my upcoming birthday. Most people who go to the Nevada's DMV offices usually have to wait an hour, 2 hours or more. Rarely, do people have a positive visit to the DMV and it seems like it is a nationwide problem. However, today was different.

I went to the DMV office 4110 Donovan Way in North Las Vegas. In Nevada, you have to go desks. The first is the information desk and that is where they determine what forms you need, and what line you will be in. Sometimes, it takes an hour or more to get to the front of the line.

Today, I walked in, filled out a form, there was no line in the information line, and as soon as I got my number, they called it and I was seen right away. I was seen by the DMV agent within 5 minutes of walking through the door. The agent was very friendly and did her job in a professional manner. All told, I was in the office for about 20 minutes. I would have been out in less than 10 minutes had it not been for a minor glitch in which someone stole my identity in Hawaii about 20 years ago.
So, kudo's to the folks at the DMV office on Donovan Way in North Las Vegas. Good job.

2 comments:

  1. I'm due in April. I've spent many an hour at the DMV, and have never had a smooth and breezy an encounter there. Last time, when I got my new car, I DID get to witness a collision in the parking lot (to applause, naturally). So at least I had entertainment. Whoever designed the parking lot at the Green Valley DMV had a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are renewing your DL, it's worth driving down to NLV. It's right off the 15 and Craig. It's got a kiosk for the regristration renewal as well. But if you just bought a car, you are screwed.

    ReplyDelete