Saturday, November 27, 2010

University of Nevada Reno Defeats Boise State

UNR defeated Boise State after the Boise State kicker choked on two field goals I could have made at age 50. UNR defeated Boise State, 34-31 in overtime.
From the Las Vegas Sun: The kick came after Boise State’s kicker missed a 26-yard field goal with 2 seconds left in regulation and another from 29 yards in overtime. It snapped Boise State’s 24-game winning streak and ended any hopes that the Broncos (10-1, 6-1 Western Athletic Conference) would play in the BCS title game.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/nov/26/fbc-t25-boise-st-nevada/
Boise State last lost in a bowl game in 2008.
UNR has several players from Clark County, including some players from the school I teach at.
The loss by Boise state is also good news for the Wisconsin Badgers, as this should move them up in the BCS standings.
I had been rooting for Boise State all year to be number 1. I guess I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment