Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What Will Happen In The Lame Duck Session?

So, now that there will about 70 soon to be unemployed Democrats in Congress when they come back for a few weeks in the lame duck session. What will happen?
Will the defeated Democrats show their vindictiveness and screw the U.S taxpayers and their constituents? For instance will they just say screw you and let the Bush tax cuts expire for everyone? My hunch says yes.
Will they pass a massive funding measure, including a ton of pork, maybe rewarding their supporters? Of course.
There are two ethics complaints that are supposed to go to trial, will they hold the trial? Probably, because their prospects in a GOP run House will make an acquittal unlikely. Look for a plea agreement for Charlie Rangle and Maxine Waters.
Will the Democrats pass several social agenda laws? If I were James, I would be hoping and praying that the Dem's will pass a gay marriage bill. The next few weeks will be their best chance, ever.
Will the Dem's pass cap and trade? Possible. How about an abortion bill?
Whatever happens, the Senate Republicans need to stay strong and united and wait for the new members to be sworn in before they tackle anything controversial.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure they're really going to get much done. DOMA's probably not going anywhere, though I hope (but don't pray) that it does. DADT may have a stronger chance, if indeed the Log Cabin Republicans really do have the ears of any Republicans. Cap and Trade probably won't go anywhere either, but the funny thing about that one is, Palin USED to be for it. Now she calls it "cap and tax!"

    I'll tell you Dan, this election night was not one of my favorites. But going in, I said, "If we hold on to the Senate, Sharron Angle loses, Christine O'Donnell loses, Rand Paul loses, Carly Fiorina loses and Meg Whitman loses, I'll call it a good night." I was only off by one!

    ReplyDelete