Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Love Old Barbershops

Not Fred's but darn close

It is tougher and tougher to find a true barbershop in the world. In Las Vegas, I go to Fred's Barbershop, which is located by Craig and Nellis, about 25 miles from where I live.
Fred's is true barbershop where you get your hair cut basically 1 way- short. You'll can bitch and moan and the barber will listen and the best part is that this is not a hair salon. It has the old fashioned barber chairs.
Of course, after you leave, you will smell like a cigarette from the smokers. and if Fred knows you, may even get a free beer that is hid in the soda machine.
I'm trying to get my 11 year old son to go to a barbershop and hopefully, when he goes out on his own, he will choose a true barber over a hair salon.
But as long as I am alive, it's always going to be a barber shop instead of a salon.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I do not understand what is so good about salons. I own a traditional barber shop in S.C. and many people go to the chain salons, just tell me WHY? They punch a time clock and lack skills. They are just there until they decide what they "really" want to do, I just DO NOT get it.

    ReplyDelete