Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sean Hannity +Life Lock= Despicable Advertising

Today, Life Lock, via Sean Hannity showed once again why it is a shameful company in the way it advertises and that Sean Hannity can be classless at times.
A while back, I caught Rush Limbaugh advertising for Life Lock, using a soldier who was killed in the Fort Hood shootings as the "prop". http://lasvegasbadger.blogspot.com/2010/06/rush-limbaugh-terrible-advertisement.html
Well, today, Sean Hannity did the same horrible thing by using the Tuscon shooting and specifically Rep. Gabby Giffords, in an advertisement for Life Lock.
Life Lock has these commercials where it seems like the talk radio host ad libs the commercial, making it seem like the host is making it up as they go along.
Well, today, Hannity started talking about Wi-Fi and talk about how Rep. Giffords is using Wi-Fi in her hospital room while she is recovering from the shooting. After talking about Giffords, Hannity segued into a Life Lock commercial, saying how a person's identity can be stolen through Wi-Fi.
This occurred around the 2:30 or so, Las Vegas time (PST).
I am very confident that Rep. Giffords family did not give permission for her name being used in the Life Lock commercial. I highly doubt Rep. Giffords will be paid for her name being in the commercial as well.
I don't listen to Hannity very much as I prefer listening to Jerry Doyle, but I happened to be channel surfing when I heard this terrible advertisement. So, I don't know if this a common occurrence for Hannity. However, it appears that this standard operating procedure of Life Lock, which is despicable. Maybe I just happened to hear the only two commercials Life Lock ever did by using a tragedy to sell their product, but I doubt it.
So, shame on Sean Hannity for stooping this low in an advertisement. If Hannity truly did ad lib, he needs to apologize to the Gifford's, the victims of the shooting in Tuscon and the general public. As far as Life Lock is concerned, I hope the person writing their commercials and the company rot in hell. One horrible advertisement is a mistake and they should have learned a lesson. Two times is not a mistake and I hope they rot in hell.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one, and not just because I can't stand Hannity! I listen to talk radio (both kinds), and these "ad libbed" commercials are a plague in the medium. Mostly, they're just annoying, because the segues are so strained, and because radio talk shows are ALREADY less than 50% content. It squeezes out even more of the show. I don't like it when liberal hosts do ads for gold. . .it just doesn't fit their narrative. Rachel Maddow used to do "Night Skin" beauty cream ads!

    Mostly radio commercials just plain suck, and very often they use deceptive tactics to sell their wares. Have you heard the "work at home" ads, where they never once tell you WHAT you'll be working on at home? I'm less likely to use a product if I've heard an ad for it on the radio. The products are just not trustworthy.

    All of that aside, if it had been Randi Rhodes or Thom Hartmann doing the ad you describe, I'd be grossed out just as much as with Hannity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Las Vegas Video Production
    Most Video Production Companies offer all the services that are required from the pre-production stage to the production stage, and presently, to the post-production stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Both Hannity and Rush do this. They do exactly as you said, they segue out of their current story into some advertisement, mostly for lifelock or ez water.. incredibly annoying, Also they make it sound like lifelock is the ONLY solution and without it your identity is statistically likely to be stolen within seconds! I think they make promises or comments about the products that aren't valid also.

    ReplyDelete