Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Update: Trick Or Treater Killed In DUI Killing

From the Las Vegas Sun: A man police say fatally struck a 12-year-old girl who was trick-or-treating Monday night has been arrested on a count of driving under the influence, according to jail records.
Justin Caramanica, 41, was booked into the Clark County Detention Center early Tuesday morning on a count of DUI resulting in substantial bodily harm, according to jail records. He was being held without bail.
The Clark County coroner’s office has identified the girl as Faith Monet Love of Las Vegas.
School District officials said Love was a seventh-grader at Rogich Middle School in the western valley. The district’s crisis response team was at the school providing counseling for students.
The incident happened when a 2009 Mazda RX-8 driven by Caramanica hit Love at 8:22 p.m. near West Wesley Lake Place and South Sandstone Bluffs Drive, Metro Police said. That neighborhood is near Sahara Avenue and Hualapai Way in the Summerlin area.
The girl was taken to University Medical Center, where she later died, authorities said.
The preliminary investigation indicates the Mazda was traveling south on Sandstone Bluffs Drive when it hit the girl as she was walking west across the street from the northeast corner of the intersection, police said.
The Mazda’s front left side hit the girl, police said. Caramanica was not injured.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/oct/31/12-year-old-struck-mazda/
I saw the picture of the car last night on the news and there was significant damage to the left front of the car, indicating to me that this thug driver was going quite fast. I hope this thugs spends a long time in prison for this crime.
R.I.P. to Faith and to her friends at Sig Rogich Middle School where my kids went to last year..

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sad story, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was
    extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips for beginner blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.
    My page - Dubai Rechtsanwälte

    ReplyDelete