Monday, June 11, 2012

Chris Christie On NJ Government Shut Down

New Jersey government may shut down on July 1st unless they have a budget in place.  Gov. Chris Christie is a Republican, kind of a RINO, but he is not intimidated by the antics on the left.
So, if the New Jersey government does shut down, here is what Christies plans on doing:
Last week in New York City, Christie relayed a conversation he had with legislative Democrats during last year’s budget process.
“I said, ‘Listen guys, you close down the government if you want, that’s fine — and if you do, I’m not moving any cot into this office to sleep,’ ” he said. “‘I’m going to get in the black SUVs, I’m going to have them take me to the governor’s mansion in Princeton. I’m going to go upstairs, open a beer and watch the Mets. And when you decide to restart government, give me a call. I’ll be here.’ And notice I said I was going to watch the Mets, which means shared sacrifice was for everybody.”
http://www.northjersey.com/news/Christie_asks_Cabinet_to_ready_plans_in_case_of_government_shutdown.html?c=y&page=2
Wouldn't it be nice if we had more GOP leaders as well spoken as Christie?  Actually, if we had some Democrats speak like this, it would be refreshing as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.












    Home Health Care in New Jersey NJ

    ReplyDelete