Thursday, August 30, 2012

There Are Still Good And Honest Judges In Clark County

Many people in Las Vegas and Clark County bash the judges in the Clark County court system for not being fair or because the judges had no idea what they were doing.  Sometimes it is with good cause as we have had a couple of judges thrown out of office because of incompetence or behavior.  We have others that are either stupid or appear that they can be easily bribed.
However, there are still some judges that are fair and honest in the courts, especially in the Family courts.
Judges Gloria Sanchez and Bill Henderson of the family courts are two examples of good and honest judges.
One of my sadder moments in Las Vegas was when I got divorced.  Sanchez originally was assigned my case followed a few years later with Henderson.
My ex was represented by many different lawyers throughout the divorce proceedings, and she brought many motions before the divorce was finalized and continued with more motions after the divorce was supposedly finalized.  She walked out of the house about 6 years ago, 2 days before Christmas.
Anyways, even though I acted as my own lawyer, I was given a fair hearing every time I was in court by Sanchez and Henderson and they often ruled in my favor.  I was was treated with respect by the judges even though her lawyers constantly bashed me with lies and innuendos. 
Finally, and hopefully, today was my last court appearance as the judge threw out her motions for child support and full custody of our two teenage kids.  Further, Judge Henderson said the kids, who don't want to visit their mom, said they had the choice of whether to go or not and that was a good ruling.  While the judge did not mandate the kids visit their mom if they don't want to, he also said we should encourage them to go, which was fair.
Anyways, I'm leaving a lot out here because of personal reasons, but I just wanted to say thank you to Judge Sanchez and Judge Henderson for being fair and honest judges in my case.  And it gives me faith that there are other judges in Clark County that are also fair and honest.

1 comment:

  1. I did not get fair treatment from judge henderson or he was skewed by lies from opposition. I am still battling.

    ReplyDelete