Friday, October 10, 2014
Darwin Award Nominee
Mohave Green Snake
ready to eat a drunk at
3 in the morning.
From the Pahrump Valley Times:
Officials with Nye County Emergency Services offered some advice on what not to do if someone encounters a snake while walking down a dark street in the wee hours of the morning.
The advice, however, was a little too late for a local man who found himself in similar circumstances late last month.
The man, who was walking along Simkins Road just past 3 a.m., chose to pick up the snake and was subsequently bit twice.
Nye County Emergency Services Director Vance Payne said the man was bitten by a venomous snake known as the Mojave Green, the most deadly variety of the rattlesnake species in Pahrump....
The man who was bitten, according to Pahrump Valley Fire and Rescue Services Chief Scott Lewis, was flown to Las Vegas for treatment.
Lewis noted that for reasons unknown, the man waited before he contacted medical crews.
“He was on foot and walked to his house,” Lewis said. “He didn’t call 911 for approximately one hour after he sustained the bites.” http://pvtimes.com/news/venomous-snake-sightings-summer.html
The guy was probably thinking: " Oh what a cute little garden snake"
Then whack, whack, he is bitten 2 times by that mean old snake.
You think the guy was a little bit of a booze hound?
Poor snake, it probably got a hangover after biting the guy.