Monday, October 20, 2014

Not That He Is Qualified Or He Was Asked

From the Weekly Standard: President Obama does not want to be a Supreme Court justice. He calls it "too monastic" for his own personality. Besides, in an interview with the New Yorker, President Obama acknowledges that he needs to get out of the "bubble" after what will be eight years as president of the United States.
“I love the law, intellectually,” the president tell the New Yorker, which says he sounds "tempted" at the idea of being on the Court. “I love nutting out these problems, wrestling with these arguments. I love teaching. I miss the classroom and engaging with students. But I think being a Justice is a little bit too monastic for me. Particularly after having spent six years and what will be eight years in this bubble, I think I need to get outside a little bit more.”  http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obama-doesnt-want-be-supreme-court-justice-too-monastic-me_816497.html
First, Obama could never be confirmed, even if he was even nominated.  That would be a problem since who would nominate him?  Hillary?  I don't think they even like each other- they may tolerate each other but that's it.  Like Hillary's marriage to Bill, Hillary's relationship to Obama is a marriage of convenience. 
And the dude is just not qualified.  He wouldn't know what is a constitutional law or what is fairy dust.  The guy has not shown himself to be a very bright fellow, certainly not smart enough to sit on the United states highest court.
But if he needs a job after he leaves office, maybe he can start on righting all of his wrongs, like going on a tour apologizing to all the people and groups he has wronged.  After all, he apologized for the United States when it wasn't needed, so he is very experienced in the apology field.

No comments:

Post a Comment