Saturday, February 4, 2012

Romney Wins Nevada, No Big Surprise

Mitt Romney won the Nevada caucuses today and that should come as no surprise.  Nevada probably has the 2nd most per capita of Mormons in the U.S. and they vote.  Romney also had a big organization here to help at the caucuses around the State.
However, what is disappointing, I am sure to Romney, he didn't capture more than 50% of the votes. (yes, I know they are still voting, but the results are pretty much a given).
If Gingrich comes in 2nd or a close third, that has to be a victory for him as he has had very little organization here.  Ron Paul spent a lot on advertising and organization and if he finishes 3rd, that is not good for him.  Rick Santorum came in 4th and to me, he would have been my choice had I voted.  But because of a screw up with Clark County Voter Registration, I wasn't about to drive 60 miles or more round trip to only be told I could not vote.  That and I still have an ear infection and sore throat.
What is surprising is that there few commercials from the candidates and their supporters.  All told, I saw or heard less than 10 commercials and none on the talk radio shows I listen to in the past two weeks.
So, now the silly season continues on to the next destinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment