Saturday, July 10, 2010

Harry Reid Tries To Cut More Las Vegas Jobs, Sun Hides Article

Last night around 9:30, the Las Vegas Sun put out an article that says Harry Reid is going to encourage the State of New York to allow the MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) to compete in their state. From Harry's own mouth: "The Democratic senator plans to put his influence behind MMA's quest to become a sanctioned sport in New York, a lengthy process that has become one of the UFC's fondest wishes. Only a handful of states haven't sanctioned and regulated the growing sport.
"I'm going to see what I can do to help in New York," Reid said in an interview with The Associated Press. "I'm aware of the issue, and I know a few people in New York. I'm going to see if I can talk a little sense to them. ... I think what they should do is approve the concept and have some great fight cards. It would be great for the state of New York."

(emphasis mine)
Umm, Harry with 14% unemployment, you need to help Nevada, not New York.
Well, this is a very stupid idea on Reid's part. If the MMA is allowed to compete in New York, eventually they will take away big fights from Las Vegas. Who would not want to hold a championship fight in NYC and Madison Square Garden?
I think the editors of the Las Vegas Sun realized how stupid it was and took the article down by 9:00 this morning or earlier.
But you can find the article here:http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jul/09/sen-reid-to-push-for-mma-regulation-in-new-york/

Sharron Angle, are you listening?

No comments:

Post a Comment