Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I Quit Part 1

Well, after much, much deliberation, I have decided to leave the Clark County School District as a Special Education teacher.
The reasons are many, but here are a few:
1.  My back is killing me and when I wake up cryng in the middle of the night because of the pain in my back and legs after a day of lifting 75-120 pound students from their wheelchairs 18-24 times a day, it's time to leave.
2.  The CCSD is corrupt and there will be some financial scandals upcoming that I don't want to be part of.
3.  At the school I work, it is even more corrupt, where disabled students have been neglected and abused and nothing has happened to the employees involved and the abuse/neglect has been covered up.
4. It's not good being a conservative in liberal world.  When they say those who can't work, teach, well, they nailed many CCSD teachers.
5.  The way to get ahead in CCSD, in some instances, isn't your qualifications but who you know and who you sleep with.
More reasons will follow, but it's time to move on.
Now, as a 53 year old, i have to find a new career or new school district to work in or perhaps be on of the 10,000,000+ on disability.  My back x-rays and pain says I probably qualify, especially under Obama's rule.
So, in a few weeks, I will be singing:


2 comments:

  1. Wow, sorry, Dan. But I can join you in a hypothetical future where I have no idea what I'll be doing. My senior citizen bosses are only going to be doing this SO long! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before you apply for disability change your party registration to Democrat.
    If you stay in town, continue to report on CCSD. We need a place to go for the truth.

    ReplyDelete