Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I Quit: Part 2

Comment Picture
For the past several years, I have been reviewing "Pawn Stars" on a weekly basis.
I started from the first show and have been doing every show up until March of this year.
But now, it has become a pain in the butt to do the reviews for several reasons.
1. It used to be a show with several items pawned a week and now they have a huge story line and few pawned items.  This makes the show less interesting to me.
2.  It used to take me about 45 minutes to review 1 episode, now, it takes an hour plus to do it right.
3.  The show has become down right boring to me.  The story lines are unbelievable and the items are repeats from years past.  The show has jumped the shark and now it has become the show of "How Stupid Chumlee Can Be".
4.  After reading Rick Harrison's book, "A License to Pawn", it is has made me a lot less respectful of the Harrisons and Chumlee.  They were all drug addicts (except the Old Man) and they aren't the likable characters they portray on TV.  It's great they kicked their drugs and booze(maybe) but they were no saints or even close to it, as they are portrayed on TV.
5.  There is no relief from new episodes, they will have new episodes for the next good year, each week.  Good for them, sucks for me.
I may go back watching their show in the summer and start reviewing again, but for now, I am taking a break.
Thanks for understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment