Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I Almost Agree With PETA

No, the guy should not be hanged but maybe he should be shamed and shunned.
From the Chicago Sun Times: The Internet is ablaze with hatred for Minnesota dentist Walter Palmer, the man who allegedly shot, killed, skinned and beheaded Cecil, Africa’s famous and beloved 13-year-old lion.
But perhaps no scorn has been as vitriolic as the statement released by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals earlier this afternoon.
The statement, released through the animal rights group’s Twitter account, dubbed Palmer an “over-privileged little man” and called for him to “be extradited, charged, and, preferably hanged.”...
Palmer said in a statement that he regretted killing the lion, but he thought his guides had “secured all the proper permits.”
“I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt,” the statement says. “I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt.”
Zimbabwean police have now issued an arrest warrant for Palmer, who is being charged with poaching.   http://national.suntimes.com/national-world-news/7/72/1545982/peta-cecil-the-lion-statement-hang-walter-palmer
I don't buy the hunter's excuse because he is the guy firing the gun and he is ultimately responsible.
I don't think I would object if the dentist is taken to Zimbabwe for trial.  .

No comments:

Post a Comment