Monday, April 16, 2012

Heidi Harris and Las Vegas Talk Radio News

Today, u turned on my favorite country music station, KBET AM 790 and lo and behold, no music was coming out of the radio.  Instead it was Glenn Beck.  Of course, this was a shock to my system.  Today KBET went over to all national, conservative talk radio (as far as I can tell).  The morning show is Glenn Beck and th early afternoon show is Dennis Miller followed by Roger Hedgecock.  Not sure who the rest of the talkers are, though.  They have very little local advertising,which is not a shock since when KBET played country music, they did not have any advertising at all.
What is strange is that KBET does not have a web site nor a phone number, as far as I can tell.

And Heidi Harris is moving to California and the Los Angles area: Beginning April 23, I can be heard on KRLA and KTIE (Los Angeles and Inland Empire). 6-9 AM PDT. Tune me in!   http://heidiharris.com/

So, this is interesting news for Las Vegas radio, but I guess bad news for oldies country fans(like myself) and liberals who still really do not have a strong liberal voice in Las Vegas, unless you count the silly sidekick to Allen Stock, Michael Gotti, who argues just to argue.

7 comments:

  1. Alan Stock got a sidekick? Oh, dear. He doesn't have a strong history with those (Heidi Harris was one of them!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That could be but that isn't the way Stock says it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think "Unknown" is right. It is Gowdey. At least, that's the only name that actually came up in a Google search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alan needs a life preserver, although I think he will sink anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Heidi most of the time. Most of conservative radio is more common sense than emotion. Liberals play on people's emotions to sell their crap.

    Everything a liberal administration touches fails. This is why we have such a huge debt today. Even during conservative administrations, the liberal Democrat congress often spend the most money.

    If nothing is done to rescue this country, it would fall in just a few years, when we can no longer borrow 40cents for every dollar we spend.

    I listened to Heidi Harris this morning on KRLA 870. It was a big loss for Las Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish you could have Hedi back.

    ReplyDelete