Friday, April 13, 2012

Why Obama Should Not Even Try To Bargain With North Korea

Fox News has a heart wrenching story about a North Korea prisoner in a gulag who was lucky enough to escape.  Maybe resident Obama should read this story and realize you cannot deal with North Korea.
From Fox:
To this day Shin bears both the physical and emotional scars of his time in prison. As a child, he worked in a sewing factory. One day when he mistakenly dropped one of the machines, his punishment was to have the tip of his middle finger cut off.
He has severe burn scars on his back from being tortured. He described how prison guards punished him after his mother and brother tried to escape, even though Shin was the one who turned them in. They hung him by his arms and feet and set him over an open fire.
Shin said he didn't understand family in the normal sense. He knew that he would be punished if his mother and brother tried to escape. So to him, there was no choice but to tell the guards of their plan and avoid certain execution.
"I was 14 years old when my mother and brother were publically executed, but I felt no emotion," Shin said. "Rather, I felt relieved that I was not the one that was tied to the wooden stake of the executing, so that was what I felt at the time... I felt my mom and brother broke the prison camp rules so that they deserved what they were going through at that moment."
He watched as his mother was hanged and his brother was killed by a firing squad. It was two years after escaping to South Korea when he finally felt any guilt.
"Right now, it's hard for me to understand what I did at that time... So after I come to South Korea and learned about the outside world and learned about family, I was only 14 years old at that time, I realized I had committed an unimaginable thing and I felt much guilt at that time."
Guards used starvation to control him and the rest of the prison population.
"All the prison inmates in the political prison camp in North Korea had a habit of looking down at ground when they were walking to and from different places," Shin said.  "It was a habit to just look down to ground.  The reason for that was to find any food or scraps of food."
He describes what he did eat.
"As I was walking, on the ground I saw two pieces of two kernels of corn that was in the cow dung that was on the ground," Shin said. "Without giving it much thought, I took the two kernels of corn and did whatever I could to wash it or clean it up. I ate them because I was so hungry."
George Bush is right, North Korea is an axis of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment