Thursday, April 12, 2012

Most Irritating Cooking Show On TV

For some reason, my wife likes this show: "Sweet Genius" with Ron Ben-Israel.
Ben-Israel is one of the most irritating cooking show hosts ever.  He is too smug, his smile looks evil and he is terribly condescending to the contestants.
However, after reading his biography on Wiki, I have a little more respect for the man:
Ben-Israel served as an Israel Defense Forces soldier and as a successful professional dancer in modern dance. As a dancer in Israel he joined a dance company produced by the Rothschilds. Ron toured extensively with the dance company. In 1993 he retired from dancing to start a new career in cooking. Ron on his mom and dad said: "My mother was born in Vienna and was rescued from the ghetto by American volunteers … [and later] put on a boat to Israel. My father lost most of his family in the Holocaust. As a teenager, my father was in Auschwitz, and was released by American soldiers. My Mom and Dad fell in love in Israel. They were both artists, and I was the first born." 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Ben-Israel
But he is still irritating as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment